Packing for your much awaited travel is one of the hardest things to do. Thinking about the stuff that you should bring really gives too much headache. You have to choose your your perfect travel outfit, making you feel that you wanted to bring your closet with you, instead of choosing among them. Packing for the travel really this plays an important role in what will be the outcome of your vacation. You would not want to be surprised on some forgotten items once you are in your destination, right?
Start packing preferably three days before you leave. This way, you can check if everything you need is already complete and if not, you can have time to purchase anything that you have forgotten. Also, you will have time to make some adjustments if your luggage is above the weight limits.
Here are the things that you need to do:
1. Organize Important Travel Documents
Put the important travel documents in a travel organizer. It’s necessary to keep them intact since you’ll need to access that everytime you will go through immigration. This including the following:
- Valid Passport/visa(s)
- Valid IDs (means IDs that aren’t expired)
- Cash and credit card(s)
- Tickets (plane, train, bus, car, etc.)
- Reservations and itineraries
- Emergency contacts and important addresses
Make sure you put a scanned copy of these documents in your mobile or email yourself a copy of this so you can access them anytime you need a copy. Also, bring passport size photos with you. You can use that incase you lost your passport.
2. Prepare comfortable clothes and footwear
I know you want to pack too much clothes where you can choose from. You can do it but that doesn’t mean you’ll need to over-pack. Remember, pack light! Pack smart and learn to mix and match. When you are already on the trip, that’s when you will realize that you have packed too much clothes than you think. Just don’t forget to bring comfortable clothes and more underwear and socks. Rolling the clothes works out better than folding them flat
These are basic clothing and footwear that you should bring on your travel:
- Pants and/or shorts
- Underwear and Socks
- Sweaters/Jacket, when necessary
- A swimsuit or swim trunks
- Comfortable walking shoes/Sandals/Slippers
3. Put your electronics and accessories in a pouch or organizer.
Place your electronics and accessories in a small bag, so that you can easily locate them. Listed here are the electronics and accessories that you may bring on your trip.
- Mobile device and/or Tablet/Ipad and its charger
- Camera and/or a video camera, memory card, and charger
- Electrical converters and adapters
4. Pack your Toiletry bags and Kikay Kits
Remember that it’s not allowed to bring liquids in a container which are more than 100 ml. If you will not stay in your destination for too long, use small travel containers where you can put shampoos, conditioners, colognes and other liquids. Put all of them in a clear pouch or zip-lock so you will not worry on spills.
The Toiletry Bag/Pouch should contain the following basic items:
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash
- Hair brush or comb, hair ties
- Deodorant/Deo spray
- Bodywash or soap
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Face wash and/or makeup remover wipes
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
- Feminine hygiene products
Kikay Kits should include the following:
- Make up
- Lip balm
- Facial tissues
5. Bring medical items and first aid kits.
You wouldn’t want sickness spoil your travel, then it’s a must to bring some medicines and first aid kits so you won’t bother looking for nearest drugstores when you can buy the things you need. Remember, you are there to enjoy.
This are what your first aid kits should have:
- Bandages, gauze, adhesives
- Pain and fever relievers
- Cold medicines and throat lozenges
- Diarrhea/laxative medicines
- Allergy medicines
- Insect repellent/mosquito net/sting reliever
- Sunburn relief
6. Take other travel essentials.If traveling to your destination will take so much time, you can bring this travel essential so you won’t get bored while waiting for your flight or during your flight.
- Travel pillow, blanket, eye mask, and ear plugs
- Travel journal and pen
- Books and magazines
- Card Games
- Guide books, travel guides, maps, language guides, etc.
Hope this helps! Keep in mind, don’t overpack. Keep it light!