It’s been months since I was carefully planning on my visit to UK. I’ve done a lot of research online to make sure that my first try of visa application will not be denied. It was exhausting, since we have to complete all the requirements, and ensure that everything is in order. And it’s not easy, NO KIDDING! So here is the detailed information of the requirements and procedures on how to apply for a UK Visa and to make your visa application a success! Good luck!
Restrictions in visiting UK as TOURIST
- You cannot stay in UK for more than 6 months
- You can’t live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
- Have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working
- You can’t get or ask for public funds
- You will not marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
When to Apply for UK Standard Visitor Visa?
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. Decision on your visa will be released within 3 weeks.
How long you can stay?
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
If you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
Where to Apply for UK Visa?
There are two (2) types in UK Visa Application: 1 – Online Application, 2 – Appointment to submit your printed application form and supporting documents and to get your biometric.
For Online Application:
- Register for an account, if you are a first time user. Create an account on Visa4UK to apply. Or Sign in to Visa4UK to apply if you already have an account.
- Fill in the Application Form in English
- When you are done, pay for the visa online
- Print your application form
- Book and attend appointment at a visa application center
You will need to provide the following information in your application.
- the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- how much you think your trip will cost
- your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- your parents’ names and dates of birth
- how much you earn in a year
- details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport)
- your employer’s address and telephone number
- your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- the name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- the name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offenses you have committed
All UK visa applicants are required to book an appointment prior to submission of the requirements. Walk in applicants will no longer be accommodated.
On the day of your appointment, plan to arrive 15 minutes early at the visa application centre, with address at:
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
Mezzanine Floor Unit M01, Ecoplaza Building,
2305 Chino Roces Avenue Extension Makati City, Metro Manila 1231
Application submission – with a prior appointment:
Monday to Friday
07:00 – 13:00
Application submission – Prime Time Appointment (This VAS service is offered presently in Manila only)
Monday to Thursday
16:00 – 18:00
Pick up Time –
Monday to Friday
14:00 – 16:00
Bring your appointment letter and application pack, your passport and a second valid form of identification.
What to Bring on the Appointment Day?
- Printed and signed copy of the online visa application form
- Current valid passport.
- Previous Passport
- Original supporting documents
- Printed copy of the supporting document checklist
- Payment or proof of payment of visa application fee.
- 1 recent photograph taken against a light grey or cream background; 45 mm high x 35 mm wide in size; nothing covering the face, without sunglasses or tinted spectacles or head covering unless worn for religious or medical reason; no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows. Picture should not be more than 6 months old. This should be pasted in the Application Form
What are the Supporting Documents?
The supporting documents must show the evidence that you have ties in the Philippines and that you are coming back after your visit. These are job, family ties, properties, etc. Please note that you need to submit all original documents.
- Certificate of Employment
- Evidence that you can support yourself during your trip
- bank statements from the last 6 months
- payslips from the last 6 months
- Itinerary of Travel
If you have sponsor from UK, you will need to attach the following documents
- Valid citizen or residence ID or passport
- Bank Statement for the last 6 months or payslip (if available)
- Address and contract details
- Invitation letter stating support – with signature
You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa. Your passport must be valid for the whole duration of your stay in the UK.
You’ll also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
How much is the UK Standard Visitors Visa Fee? Where to Pay?
A Standard Visitor visa costs £87. Pay online using your Visa or Mastercard.
You can also experience the benefits of SMS service to know the updates on your visa application, which can be purchased for PHP 150 (inclusive of VAT), during the time of submission of the visa application. This form can be filled before visiting the application centre, by visiting VSFGlobal website and download the form.
You can also avail of the courier services once your application is processed. Your documents and passport will be sent to your home for an extra fee of PHP 500.
You just need to be true to your intentions on why are you traveling to UK. Since there is no interview, they will approve your visa based on the documents you submitted. So Goodluck on your application. I wish you will get an approved Tourist Visa to UK! Happy Touring!